Examination & Interview Tips
1. Provide yourself enough time to check
Don't leave it till the moment. whereas some students do appear to thrive on unpunctual 'cramming' it's wide accepted that for many folks, this can be not the most effective thanks to approach AN communicating. come into being a timetable for your study. Write down what percentage exams you've got and therefore the days on that you've got to take a seat them. Then organize your study consequently. you will wish to offer some exams a lot of study time than others, therefore realize a balance that you simply feel comfy with.
2. Organize your study area
Make sure you've got enough area to unfold your textbooks and notes out. have you ever got enough light? Is your chair comfortable? ar your pc games out of sight?
Try and get obviate all distractions, and check that you are feeling as comfy and able to focus as doable. for a few folks, this might mean virtually complete silence; for others, background music helps. a number of US want everything fully tidy and arranged so as to concentrate, whereas others thrive during a a lot of untidy atmosphere. have confidence what works for you, and take the time to induce it right.
3. Use flow charts and diagrams
Visual aids are often extremely useful once rewriting. At the beginning of a subject, challenge yourself to jot down down everything you already fathom a subject - then highlight wherever the gaps lie. nearer to the communicating, condense your revision notes into one-page diagrams. obtaining your concepts down during this temporary format will then assist you to quickly recall everything you wish to grasp throughout the communicating.
4. Apply on recent exams
One of the foremost effective ways that to organize for exams is to apply taking past versions. This helps you get wont to the format of the queries, and - if you time yourself - may be smart apply for creating certain you pay the proper quantity of your time on every section.
5. Make a case for your answers to others
Parents and small brothers and sisters haven't got to be annoying around communicating time! Use them to your advantage. make a case for a solution to a matter to them. that may assist you to induce it clear in your head, and conjointly to focus on any areas wherever you wish a lot of work.
6. Organize study teams with friends
Get beside friends for a study session. you will have queries that they need the answers to and contrariwise. As long as you create certain you keep centered on the subject for AN united quantity of your time, this may be one in all the foremost effective ways that to challenge yourself.
7. Take regular breaks
While you will suppose it is best to check for as several hours as doable, this may truly be harmful. If you were coaching for a marathon, you would not try to run twenty four hours a day! Likewise studies have shown that for long retention of data, taking regular breaks extremely helps.
Everyone's totally different, therefore develop a study routine that works for you. If you study higher within the morning, begin early before taking a chance at mealtime. Or if you are a lot of productive in the dark, take a bigger break earlier on therefore you are able to cool down come back evening.
Try to not feel guilty concerning being out enjoying the sunshine rather than crooked over your textbooks. keep in mind calciferol is vital for a healthy brain!
8. Snack on 'brain food'
Keep away from junk food! you will desire you be a treat, or that you simply haven't got time to cook, however what you eat will extremely have a bearing on energy levels and focus. Keep your body and brain well-fuelled by selecting nutrition food that are proved to assist concentration and memory, like fish, nuts, seeds, yoghurt and blueberries. constant applies on communicating day - eat an honest meal before the take a look at, supported foods that may offer a slow unharness of energy throughout. Sugar could seem appealing, however it will not facilitate once your energy levels crash AN hour close to later.
9. Arrange your communicating day
Make sure you get everything prepared well ahead of the communicating - do not leave it to the day before to suddenly understand you do not recognize the method, or what you are purported to bring. Check all the foundations and needs, and arrange your route and journey time. If doable, do a take a look at run of the trip; if not, write down clear directions.
Work out however long it'll go for get there - then add on some time beyond regulation. you actually don't need to arrive having had to run halfway or feeling frazzled from losing your method. you may conjointly build plans to visit the communicating with friends or classmates, as long as you recognize they are possible to be punctual!
10. Drink many water
As a final tip, keep in mind that being well hydrous is crucial for your brain to figure at its best. check that you retain drinking many water throughout your revision, and conjointly on the communicating day.
Interview is an integral of any recruitment, since its where the employer tests your personality, communication & problem solving skills.With the implementation of common written exam by IBPS, the following would play a vital role in determining the appointment of a candidate.IBPS scorecard (issued to those clearing the test) Interview & marks secured in it Keeping that in mind, here are some of the proven tips about how to prepare for bank Interviews.
1. Research:-Visit the bank`s website, click on ‘About Us’ & read about their history,v services, achievements, management etc.,It tells the interviewer that you have taken efforts to know about them & are interested in the job.
There are many banking terms such as Reverse repo, Credit rate, RTGS, inflation etc. that could occupy a major portion of questions.
2. Stay Updated:-Read newspapers focusing on the business sector, as any latest event could be questioned during the interview.
For example, the interest rate hikes by RBI & change of cheque clearance rules were some of the recently featured news items.
Since it is not possible for everyone to read all the business newspapers, make use of their websites by visiting them atleast twice a week.
3. Speak English:-Most bank interviews are conducted only in english mainly to test your communication skills.There are chances for the person sitting before you, not knowing the regional language.So its always better to speak in english.
Don try to impress the panel by speaking fast – many make mistakes. How well are you in conveying your thoughts, is what they look for. Keep it simple by framing simple sentences.
Again, english newspapers, magazines & english news channels would help you improve the command over that language ..
4. Practice :- Are you feeling nervous to speak at the interview?If yes, its time you spend some time in overcoming that as tension & nervousness can spoil your chances. Stand before the mirror & try speaking to yourself to gain confidence. Conduct mock interviews with your friends or family members..
5. Plan :- There is nothing wrong in rehearsing for the interview as its not only about answering question but also about your personality & behavior. Chart a plan in advance - right from the dress you will wear, leaving your home, reaching the venue & behaving inside the hall.
Examination tips :- The growing demand of banking sector has made it the most preferred destinations for employment.
Banking jobs especially the Bank Probationary Officer (PO) has emerged as the most sought after career option in recent times. Bank PO exam is the gateway to the management cadre of the banking industry. Individual banks conduct entrance exams for bank PO as and when vacancies arise. After selection the candidate has to complete his/ her probation period. A candidate can be asked to do anything during his/ her completion period. A bank PO aspirant should hence start preparing for bank PO exams since his/ her college days to understand the nitty-gritty of the exam. To simplify your preparation, jagranjosh.com has enlisted a few sure shot tips on cracking the exams for bank probationary officers.
1. Syllabus and Exam Pattern :- Know the syllabus of the bank exam for which you are preparing and then look at the previous year question paper to gain information on the exam pattern of that particular exam. Usually the written tests for bank PO exam consist of 2 parts mainly objective test and descriptive test. While the written test consists of four sections namely, English language test, quantitative ability, Reasoning, and General Awareness/ Marketing Aptitude; the descriptive test demands the candidate to write essay length answers on current issues. Candidates selected in written test are then called for Group Discussion and/ or interview.
2. Preparing for Exam :- Candidates preparing for bank PO exam are expected to have good knowledge of Mathematics up to Class X. For this purpose, the candidate should focus on preparing from NCERT books and focus on answering questions through mental calculations to speed up the process. Reasoning section needs to be extensively practiced to clear the sectional cut- off. The candidate should also work upon the English section and strong vocabulary which comes in the form of comprehension, fill-in-the-blanks, antonyms, synonyms etc. General Awareness section can easily be prepared by cultivating a habit of attentively reading a national newspaper daily.
3. Time Management :- Clubbed with hard work and determination, time management is the key to crack the entry - level test for the Bank PO Exam. Besides being able to strategise time by focussing on the easier subjects first followed by the tough ones; one should also know the skill to attempt 225 questions in 135 minutes time. It means a candidate has to spill not more than 36 seconds per question. For this purpose, a candidate should attempt the easier part first like General Awareness, Marketing Aptitude first followed by others. Try attempting 175- 185 questions with 90 percent accuracy to be a step closer to your goal.
4. Leave Doubtful Questions :- Try attempting those answers first of which you are confident and should not attempt any questions which are doubtful in your mind. The process of negative marking in the entrance exams will cut down the percentage of right answers with the wrong ones. A practical knowledge of this arena can be gained through solving lots of sample papers.
5. Know Banking Regulations :- A bank PO aspirant is expected to have knowledge of general banking regulations and should have at least some knowledge of SEBI and its regulations. Candidates should ensure that they are aware of the key points of banking regulations.